Home > TV

[V Report] Seventeen’s The8 fills in fans

  • Published : Apr 23, 2020 - 14:54
  • Updated : Apr 23, 2020 - 14:54

Broadcast date: April 22-23
Starring: Seventeen, Ateez, SF9, Woodz

(Naver's V Live)

The8 of Seventeen took to V Live on his own to say hello to fans.

“It has really been a long while,” he began, “and I don’t know what to say.”

Switching between Korean and Chinese, he asked how viewers were doing and told them he is resting well and also working on music so he can show his improved self soon. He is drawing a lot with more time on his hands and has also picked up learning about tea via online tutoring.

“I think I already mentioned this in a magazine (interview), but I want to express myself more, through drawings, music and dance -- the true self of me and my emotions deep inside,” said the performer.

Although the band’s first dome tour in Japan has been canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak, “everyone is staying healthy and preparing to become better,” he told fans.

Watch the full video at https://www.vlive.tv/video/187223.

Ateez bandmates turn into dinosaurs

(Naver's V Live)

Choi San and Song Mingi of Ateez played games dressed up in dinosaur costumes.

As Kim Hongjoong explained, it was the penalty for losing the game they had played in the band’s reality program, and the pair blamed each other.

Before starting the game, the leader told them to do a short dance to the tunes of children’s songs.

“Are you happy?” asked San to the camera. “Then it‘s good.”

The first round was a race across the dance studio and Kim redid the laces of Choi’s sneaker lest he get hurt. Kim taunted them with the “go” sign while Song pushed the competitor to the wall before sprinting.

“What’s the meaning of this? I really want to know,” said Choi after winning the race as everyone chortled.

Nonetheless, they continued to play silly games: kicking a fringed ball with their feet both real and fake; and eating candies hidden in a layer of flour using only their mouths.

Watch the full clip at https://www.vlive.tv/video/187183.

SF9's Jaeyoon tries crochet

(Naver's V Live)

Jaeyoon of SF9 livestreamed as promised with a new project: knitting a crochet cover for an AirPod case.

“Here is Hwiyoung but I didn’t invite him,” chuckled Jaeyoon while Hwiyoung confided that he is feeling under the weather and it shows.

Hwiyoung left after greatting viewers and apologizing for not doing so more often, and Jaeyoon brought in the guest he had planned to do the knitting together with: Youngbin.

The leader was not happy with Jaeyoon‘s introduction -- “not a member but my roommate” -- but the latter ignored him and started to knit the sleeve. Jaeyoon gave Youngbin a ball of ivory yarn, but Youngbin declined, saying he doesn’t know how to and will just chat.

“I will begin with the body,” he said, surprising Youngbin with his skills.

“Would this end only when you’re finished?” asked Youngbin, teasing Jaeyoon that he will have to stay up all night.

Watch the full video at https://www.vlive.tv/video/187321.

Woodz answers 100 questions

(Naver's V Live)

Woodz, also known as Cho Seungyoun, took to V Live and replied to questions he picked out.

Starting with his name and birthdate, he went on to share facts about himself. He likes walking, working out, eating delicious food and chatting while sitting in a cafe. He is good at singing, rapping and dancing as well as writing songs. He wanted to be a singer and has accomplished his dream, mused the idol.

His top travel destination is Jeju Island and his ideal type is someone he can easily talk to. How satisfied was he with life? He should say 98 percent, since the remaining 2 percent would motivate him to do better, explained Cho.

As for the question to name what gives him strength, he said his fans as well as his mother and friends ,among others, before adding with a chuckle: food.

If he were to sum up himself in a single word, he would choose a question mark.

“I would want people to be curious and to want to know more when I come out with something,” he said.

Watch the full clip at https://www.vlive.tv/video/187288.

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

By The Korea Herald (khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naver.vapp
Apple App Store https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1019447011?mt=